Sunday, December 8, 2013

Santa

Miller and Mary Grace visit Santa
Friday, December 6th, 2013
 Once again, my expectations were too high.
I took the kids to the most perfect little Santa set-up ever, the Naperville Santa House. We stood in line and watched Santa arrive via police escort (because, of course, he can't park his sleigh within the town limits!) Mary Grace AND MILLER were bursting with excitement. I filled out a slip of paper with their names and ages so Santa would be able to call them each by name. Each family got its own turn in the room with Santa. It was such an ideal way to visit Santa!

Except that Miller was so excited, he ran into the room with Mary Grace and was completely unprepared for what he saw. He took one look at Santa and bolted towards the door. Not seeing him, the elf closed the door RIGHT on him. At this point he lost it!

Poor Mary Grace did her best to ignore her brother's screams.
 "Here Miller, come sit in this chair"

 "Maybe if I sit with you"
 I mean, isn't this every mom's dream Santa photo?
Look at the smile on Mary Grace's face!
 At this point Santa finally offered to hold Miller. And by hold, he clearly meant restrain. Check out the death grip he's got on Miller's left arm!
 Un-phased, Mary Grace went right on describing her list:
1. "The big Cadance with the storybook collection"
2. Doc McStuffin Doctor Kit
3. "The mermaid mountain thing I saw in that catalog"

And, fortunately, she was able to also tell Santa Miller's list:
1. Truck
2. T-Ball Set
3. Plane 

 As we were leaving Mary Grace said "Ugh, why do we take him anywhere? That was SO embarrassing!" 
My sentiments exactly!

Back at home I was determined to get a GOOD picture of the kids while they were dressed up so cute... 
 When will they figure out that the sooner they just smile, the sooner we will be finished taking pictures? 

 "She touched my hand"

 This was the best I got out of our little photo session-
Miller *almost* gave Mary Grace a kiss.

Clearly, I need to lower my standards. One day I will have a good picture with Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment