Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sunny

Life sure has been sunny here in North Carolina!
 It's really hard to believe that this time last year we were building igloos!
Mary Grace desperately misses the snow (she's the only one!) She asks, daily, if there is any snow in the forecast. Ironically, though, she is the first to complain when its cold. And she complains when she can't go outside to play.




 We have been exploring the property that sits next to our house. The front (that we see from our house) is very farm-like, but as you walk down the gravel road you end up in the woods. It's really cool and we are SO thankful to have this awesome place to explore, even if just for a short time before they start building! 
 Maddie is so un-photogenic that I was thrilled to snap a few candid shots of her on our walk. It wasn't until we were home and I was looking at my phone that I realized she is completely camouflaged in the leaves. Oh well, I tried!
 Miller's favorite thing to do is "race" this Lightning McQueen toy all around the cul-de-sac. He will run MILES pushing this thing in circles. We've tried to get him interested in riding his trike or his balance bike, but this is all he's interested in. I'm debating "taking it to the shop for a repair" so he's forced to do something else soon!
 On MLK Day our good friends (our "hotel friends") came over to play outside and BBQ.
I love these precious kids who play SO well together!
Molly, Miller, Mary Grace, Madison and Miller
 I was hoping Molly would inspire Miller to ride his bike, but here he is chasing after her with Lightning!





We are so thankful for sunny days and great new friends!

One other note- last week (like 2 days before some of these pictures were taken) I got a phone call at 3PM. It was a recording from the county saying that because of the "predicted POSSIBILITY of freezing rain overnight" the kids were on a 2-hour delay for the next day. I honestly thought it was a joke! Of course, nothing happened. In fact, I'm not sure the temperature ever dipped below 40 degrees that night. We all had a good laugh over breakfast at the memories of driving to school in blizzard-like conditions last year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment