Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Perfect Weekend

A couple of weekends ago we had, what I would consider, the perfect weekend.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we spent hours outside playing on Saturday. The kids rode their toys all over our street and Mary Grace played soccer with about 8 other kids from our block.
 Miller has recently become obsessed with NASCAR and his favorite part is when the cars have to pit. He spends a lot of time pretending that his car needs new tires. As head crew chief, I finally made the executive decision that, unlike NASCAR, the driver needed to get out and help "change the tires!" 
 Mary Grace learned how to ride her new bike. We skipped a size so this was a really big jump to go from what she'd been riding to this bike. Now that she's gained her confidence on it, I can't ever get her off!
 That night Nana came to babysit and Brent and I went to a Ronald McDonald Fundraising event. 
 On Sunday our next door neighbor invited us, along with several other neighbors, to the Checkers hockey game. Todd works for Hendrick and we got their whole suite. It was really nice!

Lila, Hayden, Harper, Mary Grace, Avery, Hadley, Penelope, Miller, Demetri, Caleb and Brody
 Such a fun group of kids (and parents!) we are so blessed by our new neighborhood!


 I'm pretty sure Miller was the only kid there who watched the game for more than 5 minutes total. He LOVED it and talked about it non-stop for a week after. His description of the game went something like this: "I went to a game. The players did play hockey (as he demonstrates what it looked like.) There was a red team and a blue team, but the red team won- woohoo!"

His enthusiasm for all things sports related is adorable! 

Looking forward to so many more wonderful weekends in the future. I'm so thankful that spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment