September has been flying by!
We've been enjoying every single moment.
September 12th we ran our first 5K!
Brent had been training (well, until he broke his wrist) so our plan had been for him to run ahead and I would keep pace with the kids. Miller wanted no part of being in a stroller so we opted not to take one. We all ran the first mile together- even Miller- in less than 10 minutes. Unfortunately, that was too quick of a pace for Miller and he really slowed down after that. Mary Grace was doing great so she and Brent went on ahead.
Miller made it through the second mile, but I ended up carrying him for most of the 3rd mile. It was kind of miserable (for me), but I was really proud that I finished in 46 minutes! Mary Grace got a cramp in the 3rd mile and ended up sitting down for a few minutes. Since I was so far behind, Brent couldn't leave her. He was disappointed with his time, but proud that we all finished.
We already can't wait to run another!
This little girl is absolutely loving 2nd grade!
It's been really hard for me coming off of summer- I really miss having her around!
This cute boy really misses having his sissy around too!
We are all so excited about football!
Mary Grace's homework...#5.
I love that she added in a little something extra. And, in related news, I guess we know who not to borrow money from!
Being a little brother is tough!
Caleb and Miller
Big sisters think they are funny!
Mary Grace and Avery
I have taken on the challenge of Room Mom for Mary Grace's class this year.
My first responsibility was to decorate the classroom door.
Playdate with Mae
Miller really loves building cities with all of our Legos, Megablocks and train tracks.
We had to mark our irrigation heads before our yard got aerated. For a few minutes Miller was a super helper and then he got the idea to run through them.
I went to curriculum night at Mary Grace's school and outside their classroom all of the kids had done life timelines. I know it's small, but I LOVE the pictures Mary Grace drew and I also think it's so funny the 3 events she picked for her timeline (all of the kids had their birth as the start, and the start of 2nd grade as the final event)-
Birth
"I moved for my first time 2008"
"Miller was born 2011" (which was actually 2012)
"I built half an igloo 2014"
2nd Grade
Brent, Mary Grace, Miller and Nana did an amazing job celebrating my birthday!
Playdate with Lily Kate
Mary Grace had Storybook Character Day at school. After much hunting for the perfect outfit/costume she went as Violet from the Boxcar children. It's one of her favorite book series. I know it looks pretty simple, but I ended up having to go to 4 stores to find a seasonally appropriate violet outfit (it was 90 degrees that day, yet all the stores are selling winter clothes!) This would all be completely irrelevant except...
when asked to stand and tell what character they were and why, Mary Grace told her class that she chose Violet "because my mom didn't have to make much effort."
We have been trying to enjoy the last of our pool days. Apparently, we aren't the only ones!
Miller was not very happy about this giant bug at the pool!
Miller and Kinnick watching the turtle swim
(Amy and I were busy coming up with a strategy on how we were going to get him out)
Miller, Kinnick, Whitaker, and Swimmy (the turtle)
Thankfully the pool guy showed up at the right time and helped us get him out.
Miller got invited to his friend Jackson's birthday party. He was SO excited! He carried the invitation around for about 3 days- even sleeping with it!
The party was at Bounce U. It was really fun watching Miller navigate the inflatable slides without the help/encouragement/bossiness of Mary Grace. It took him a solid 10 minutes to work up the courage, but he ended up having a great time.
Our house right now is a little boys dream! Every morning we wake up and say good morning to all the construction trucks and see what they are up to for the day.
We have even moved one of the chairs on our deck to face the field so Miller can sit out and watch the construction. I think we will all be sad when the neighborhood is finished!
We are looking forward to a very busy, fun fall!
























No comments:
Post a Comment