Saturday, March 5, 2016

February Wrap-Up

For a short month, I certainly ended up with a TON of pictures! Maybe it was the extra day?!?!

Mary Grace decided she wanted to teach Baby Daniel to walk. She held this toy out for him to walk to for quite a while- she's very determined!
 We finally suggested that she teach him to read instead.
(This is the most interest I've ever seen her show in a baby! I think I might have realized that if Mary Grace seems to think something productive can come from her interaction, she might be more likely to take interest!)
 Charlotte Boat Show


 Opening night of the season for our favorite ice cream place- Waxhaw Creamery
 Mary Grace's Boosterthon
 Mary Grace and Madison

 Play date with Grace
 Maddie wants to know why her friend won't come play (the deer.)
 Miller and Caleb
 I had to take this picture because it made me laugh...
Mary Grace was asked to clean her room. An hour or two later I reminded her that she needed to clean up her room. Her exact response: "what do you mean, I already did."
 Second Grade Market Day
Mary Grace sold "Design Your Own Bookmarks"
 Katherine, Mary Grace and Hadley
(Hadley sold face painting!)
 Amy and I took the boys to the Museum of the Waxhaws. It's right here in our town and actually pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to going back without Miller so that I can read all of the historical facts and descriptions.
 Replica School house
 Miller, Kinnick, Whitaker, and Paxton
 Our neighbors from Florida came up to Charlotte to visit. Over the years we've grown close to their whole family so it was really fun to meet up with all of them! 
Riley and Mary Grace
 Here are the girls about 7 years ago- crazy how fast time has passed!
 Brent and Mary Grace went grocery shopping and came home with TONS of toppings for pizzas on the grill. They had a lot of fun making the different pizzas and they were delicious!
 Western Week at school
Miller named his horse "Floppy" and he slept with him for several nights. One day Miller reported that Floppy is so noisy and keeps him awake at night. Now Floppy MUST sleep downstairs. Miller checks on him every night before bed. I have already tried to sneak him out to the garbage can once...
 Miller started baseball this month. My neighbor joked with me that Miller couldn't wear a button down shirt and khakis to practice. There was a little too much truth behind that statement and I ended up having to do a little shopping for some baseball appropriate clothes.
Miller was SO excited to try them on!
 We set up our Wii again (it hadn't ever been plugged in at this house) and the kids are actually enjoying it. In the past Mary Grace didn't really understand how to use it and so she gave up before giving herself a chance to learn.
Unfortunately, they are both really competitive so we've already had to take the Wii away- for a week- but it was fun while it lasted!
 Sophie's birthday party at an art studio
Mary Grace and Hadley
 Miller's first baseball practice.
He was SO excited!


 So happy to have Brody and Lila back next door! 
 First water gun fight of the season
 February was such a busy month! We are all totally wiped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment