December is always one of my favorite months. Despite the craziness, I just love all the fun activities! This year was probably our best December yet- the kids are at such great ages and really soaked up every second of Christmas magic. Here are all the pictures- except for Christmas- that didn't make it into a Sunday 7 post (in no particular order):
Miller's class made a book about their favorite thing about Christmas. Never in a million years would I have guessed Miller's:
Here's why-
I waited 4 long months to snuggle the cutest baby in the world. It was SO great to finally get to meet August!
Mary Grace and Patricia
Neighborhood Girls Night Christmas Party
Mary Grace's art
Mazie made Miller the sweetest picture!
Chicago bound
Miller asked me to put his wings on after the flight attendant handed them to us. He immediately turned around. I couldn't figure out why...but then he explained that it's "where wings go." I thought it was so cute, I obliged his request! (even if it did look a little silly!)
We love meeting the pilot!
O'Hare always has the best Christmas decorations!
So recently I was going through our state sign pictures and I realized we didn't have one from Illinois. Since these two have spent time in the state since they were babies (even living there for 10 months!) I wanted to get one for our collection. We ended up going on a little adventure- crossing the border into Wisconsin, only to drive right back across on a back road to get this picture! I'm so glad Brent is on board with my craziness!
For some reason, it was really important for Mary Grace to show Miller where she learned to ride a bike. They ran over to the old playground and she tried to pinpoint the exact spot.
Our first night in town we got a tiny dusting. Not much to write home about, but these two were very excited!
Lionel Train Museum
Uncle Jim has a new toy.
Brookfield Zoo with Aunt Fran, Uncle Ed, Katie, Scott, Patricia and Matthew
On Sunday we checked into our favorite downtown hotel. The whole way there we talked to the kids about our fun memories of staying there for the Christmas parade the year we lived in Chicago. Ironically, as soon as we checked into our room and flipped on the TV a re-run of the parade was on!
Christmas shopping on the Magnificent Mile
Our best attempt at Ice Skating!
I think we took pictures with every single tree in downtown Chicago! This was the Wrigley Tree.
And the Apple Tree (right across the street from the Wrigley Tree- ha!)
When you're 5 and cute the flight attendant will give you handfuls of the biscotti!
Mary Grace's Christmas concert
All set for our Gingerbread House Decorating Party
Miller and Caleb
Avery, Mary Grace, Hadley, Harper and Lila
Miller's House
Mary Grace's House
Waiting at the end of our street for Santa to drive by on the Firetruck!
Miller, Brody, Mary Grace and Lila
Santa went flying by (we're the first street in the neighborhood and I don't think the driver saw the kids!) so we hopped in the car and sped off to the other side of the neighborhood to get a better view of him!
Lila, Mary Grace, Harper, Hayden and Hadley
VERY cold night- everyone piled into Erica's car to stay warm.
This year's attempt at cute cookies for the exchange. I will NEVER be good at baking- I try so hard. Brent was able to salvage these into crushed up cake pop like cookies.
Mary Grace's unique Christmas cat design (they were a huge hit!)
Santa at the Pohorance's Party
Such a fun party that we really look forward to each year!
Avery and Mary Grace
Cookie Exchange
Bear's Symphony Uptown
Whittaker and Miller
Impromptu stop at the Wells Fargo Museum
Miller has become quite the card shark. War is his favorite game and he will challenge anyone! Uncle Doug was a very good sport!
Miller, Mary Grace and Sam
Sam and Mary Grace were best friends for the years we lived in Lexington. It was so great to see him again!
Gorgeous Kentucky sunset on our way back to Tennessee
Brent and Kelly
Miller and Owen
I think this was taken back in October, but we finally got Miller's school picture.
Both kids were really into wrapping presents this year! They did so much to help me.




No comments:
Post a Comment