After 10 weeks with Miller, I think it's finally safe to say we've settled into our new normal. We're back to keeping a full schedule of play dates, lunches, errands, and activities around the house.
I've quickly learned that the new normal very rarely involves two kids who are happy at the same time. Or sleeping at the same time. Yet they ALWAYS seem to be hungry at the same time! It is definitely a balancing act in every way.
But, we're loving every minute of it...most of the time!
This is Miller's nervous face. It is mostly reserved for times when Big Sister is around. I swear, he will raise one eyebrow at me, turn his mouth into a nervous pout and his eyes just look at me like 'I hope you've got my back, Mom'
Kind of sweet moment. Mary Grace, unprompted, took Miller's hand.
(sweetness of the picture ruined by the massive Nascar tattoo on Mary Grace's arm. Classy!)
2 kids smiling? Kind of.
This is my new favorite look that Mary Grace gives me. It comes out ALL THE TIME. She usually says something like 'Mom, I've got bad news' and then does the face. I've learned it can mean anything from she can't find her stuffed animal to the kitchens on fire (okay, that didn't really happen...but you know what I mean).
She also gives me this look when I ask her a question she doesn't know the answer to or doesn't want to answer. It is so hard not to laugh, but I LOVE this look!
This boy is all happy faces lately. And he totally knows how to use it to his advantage already. For example, when I want him to smile he holds out on me. On the other hand, the minute I go to set him down or put him to bed- he smiles like crazy. It is way too hard to walk away from him when he's so smiley! I swear, he does it on purpose so that I get absolutely nothing done!
On Thursday Mary Grace and Annabelle have cheerleading. My friend, Erin, and I have taken to switching off every other Thursday and letting the girls play between school and cheerleading.
This week they were at my house and decided to have a princess tea party. Instead of tea, they made pink strawberry smoothies.
All dressed up for the party-
Cheers!
Miller is getting used to hanging out outside!
Last weekend Mary Grace struck this pose right before we were leaving the house. She put her hand on her hip, stuck her leg out and said 'are you ready to go?' I laughed and told her she was doing 'the Angelina' (the now famous Angelina Jolie Oscar pose!) Though she has NO idea what I'm talking about- actually she thinks it has something to do with Angelina Ballerina- she as been asking me when we take pictures if I want her to do 'the Angelina.' Ha!
(I'm not sure why it looks like she's holding a wine glass in the other hand...guess she's adding her own twist to the pose!)
I got brave enough to take a picture one night of his typical sleep position. His head wasn't quite as jammed up in the corner and side as it typically is, but the night was still young when I took this!
Back to our Tuesday lunch date at Abuelos with Vaughn and Eva!
Last weekend we went out to eat and to watch UK play in the SEC tournament. Mary Grace wore Brent's sunglasses for a good hour just watching the game.
Of course when she realized people were talking about how cute she was, and saw me taking pictures- she started to ham it up.
A lot of my friends have commented over the past couple weeks that I'm 'back.'
I can definitely say it feels GREAT to be 'back'!
No comments:
Post a Comment