Thursday, June 27, 2013

Backyard Campout

The 3rd Annual Family Campout
 We are almost professional tent setter-uppers!
 Nathan and Rachel decided to join us this year
(although they did not actually camp out...but then again, neither did I so I probably shouldn't give them too much of a hard time!)
 After all the hard work setting up the tent it was time to cool off in the pool-

 Mary Grace: "Since we're camping out can I swim in PJ's?"
Why not?
 After dinner we went on a "hike"
 And then came home for s'mores



 These are two s'more crazy kids!




 Rachel and Nathan headed home around 10 and we tried to settle the kids down. After about an hour in the tent I took Miller inside so he would fall asleep (yes, at 11PM!) As soon as he fell asleep I brought him back out to the tent. At that point Brent and Mary Grace were snoring and I couldn't fall asleep. I meant to come inside for a few minutes, but ended up falling asleep on the couch.

I was woken up at about 4:50AM when Mary Grace ran in the door screaming
"it's lightning!" 
I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard her! I ran out to help Brent get Miller and our stuff inside before a major storm hit.
And just like that, the camp out was over! Thankfully both kids went back to sleep.

Mary Grace absolutely can  not wait to camp out again. It will probably take Brent and me a year to recover...but fortunately, "Aunt" Megan is coming to visit soon and she's expressed an interest!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, did I express interest in the camping or the s'mores?? Uh-oh! ;) (P.S. - y'all are creating everlasting memories and are the best parents ever!)

    ReplyDelete