Monday, November 18, 2013

Electronics

 I could easily live without TV. When I do watch TV, I always forget to turn on the surround sound or watch the channel in HD. I didn't get an iPhone until after my mom got one. I refuse to even consider reading a book on our iPad. Although I love my laptop for checking other people's blogs and updating mine, I go several days at a time without turning it on. I do know how to use our Apple TV, but only because Mary Grace taught me. So I thought it was pretty safe to say, I'm not an electronics girl. 

I was SO wrong!

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my phone for the 40 millionth time. But for some reason, this time, the screen shattered. Fortunately, Brent bought insurance on our phones (of course he did!) But, being 'the girl who doesn't really care about electronics' I decided rather than pay the deductible for a new phone, we could just replace the glass on my current phone. And when I say "we" I mean, Brent. 

One glass repair kit with no directions, 3 YouTube videos, a heat gun and hours later, Brent declared my phone a piece of junk. While we were waiting on the phone insurance to send me a replacement, I went about a week without a phone. And during that time I came to realize that maybe, just maybe, I do love my electronics a little more than I thought I did.


So at some point during the phone fiasco of 2013, I remembered that my camera warranty was going to expire in January. Although nothing was actually wrong with my camera, I decided to turn it in to the Geek Squad for a good cleaning and once over before the warranty expired. 

Imagine my surprise when we received a phone call Saturday saying that my camera was "damaged beyond repair" and I would need to go to the store and pick out a new one. WHAT?

So, basically with the credit they offered from my old camera I was able to upgrade to a nicer, brand new camera and Nikon's brand new lens for just a little out of pocket. AND I have a brand new 3-year warranty! 

I was too scared to ask ahead of time for fear they would realize it was a mistake, but as I was walking out of the store I mentioned to the guy helping us that my camera didn't have anything wrong with it when I sent it away. He said they don't put notes in the system, but he would guess it was dropped by the person cleaning it. My lucky day!

And even I have to admit, I'm a teeny, tiny bit in love with my new camera. I guess that makes me an electronics girl after all!

First picture on my new camera-
(I LOVE starting back at 0001!)
 First picture of Mary Grace on my new camera
(she was really upset when she found out I had taken Miller's first!)

My grandmother always said things happen in 3's. I am sincerely hoping she's not right this time! Because although I probably wouldn't care if our TV fell off the wall tomorrow, Brent would NOT be happy (also, I'm pretty sure we have no other electronics currently under warranty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment