Monday, May 26, 2014

Moo

It's been a while since I've done a post specifically about Baby Miller.
 Mary Grace wrote a little song about Miller and it pretty much describes him perfectly...
 The world seems to be obsessed with Miller right now. We don't go anywhere in public that Miller doesn't draw tons of attention. He is ridiculously charming! He smiles, and laughs and talks with everyone. Although his responses are short, he always has the cutest answer for every question or compliment thrown his way.

Here are some example comment/answers that I hear pretty regularly:

Stranger: Do you know how cute you are?
Miller (ducking his chin into his neck with a huge grin): Nooo-wa

Stranger: I love your curly hair
Miller: Kank you

Stranger: Look at your brown eyes. They are just like your mommy's.
Miller: OOOOh-Kayyy

Those are his 3 typical responses to almost any comment thrown his way. He definitely knows exactly how to milk the attention!

Although comments to strangers are usually kept short, his vocabulary has come SO far in the last year. He talks constantly and in complete sentences. Once in a while Miller still says something that I don't quite understand so he has to repeat himself. He's taken to just repeating everything until you acknowledge him. He'll also repeat it by saying: "I say-d..."  

Mary Grace seems to completely understand everything Miller says. I have to admit, there are times when I will ask her what he's trying to say. She's almost always right!

 Miller tells us he loves us all the time without being prompted-
but he ALWAYS says "I love-vu too" even when he says it first!

 Miller's favorite things right now: playing outside, his Sissy, playing ball, reading, watching baseball, jumping on the trampoline, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, trucks, and music.

Miller's least favorite things right now: anything he's not in the mood for

 For the most part, Miller is easy and compliant. If you tell him not to do something he will say "oooh-kayyy mommy" and stare at you until you turn your back. If you tell him to go sit in time out, he will go sit in time out until you get him. If you ask for a hug, he will give you one. If you tell him it's time for nap or bed he will go get his stuffed animals (Ruff, Buddy and Cuddle Up.) When Miller gets upset, there is almost always a reason and a quick fix.

Sounds like a dream, right?

But he hits and he screams. And I absolutely can not figure out how to stop it. He is the sweetest little boy in the whole world, but he has a big sister that picks at him. Even when she doesn't realize it or doesn't mean to, if Miller isn't in the mood to deal with her- he hits and/or screams. As the parent I'm aware that he has just figured out how to defend himself...but I can't be okay with it (obviously). 

So we're working on that right now. It's pretty hard to be mad at this guy though!

 Miller is unofficially 29 pounds. I actually never took him in for a 2-year check up. Mid-January just didn't seem like a good time to take my perfectly healthy guy into a doctor's office. I planned to do it as soon as winter was over, but that was like last week. Things are crazy with the end of school and upcoming vacations...so maybe we'll just make it a 2.5 year check up in July!




Love our little Miller Moo!
(for those who read all my baby posts for him- we are still calling him by lots of nicknames, but I try to use Miller a lot too. Most often when we aren't using Miller, we call him Moo. Mary Grace calls him Millie a lot, but we aren't encouraging that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment