That's What She Said...
"Miller, I have powers. You might get hurt by what I'm about to do, but it will be an accident."
(anyone else concerned about one of the themes from Frozen?!?!?!)
__________________
"When I'm done winning the Olympics I'm going to travel around the world and tell everyone about Jesus. And then when everyone in the whole world knows Jesus, I'll just come home and be a regular old magician."
___________________
Brent (talking to our nephews): "Have you guys heard of Donald Trump?"
MG: "No, but I know Donald Duck"
___________________
"Miller, if you're not kind when you grow up you'll have to go to jail. Jail is like time out in a cage. 'Sept for longer"
__________________
Brent: "I have something to tell you"
MG: "Oh, we're moving"
Haha- we need some new material for family conversations! It can't be normal for her to assume this every time we talk!
__________________
Sarah: "You can't win if you don't try"
MG: "You can't loose if you don't try"
She didn't miss a beat on that one. Competitive much?
___________________
Sarah (trying to make dinner): "Mary Grace, can we take a break from questions for a minute?"
MG: "Sure Mom. I'm just asking you questions to make sure you're smart. I already know all the answers"
_________________
"Would anyone like a chocolate parfait mofa-chinna?"
So.Close.
A sign I go to Starbucks too much?
_________________
"I was just telling Miller some things he could do while I go to the bathroom"
(It's really a wonder Miller survives for 3 hours without her every day when she's at school!)
__________________
"Miller, let's do some learning because, lets face it, you have a long way to go"
__________________
Play Date with Anna
As mentioned in an earlier post, Mary Grace took a major tumble out of her bed. Piecing together her story and my own thoughts, I think she fell asleep with her light on. She must have woken up enough to try to turn out the light and then fell as she laid back down- hitting her head on her bedside table. It was really late (which is why I'm pretty sure she was asleep) and, of course, Brent wasn't home.
I heard her fall and ran into her room as she started screaming. Her head was literally swelling in front of my eyes. I thought about calling 911, but wanted to see what Brent thought. He loves it when I call with an "emergency" when he's out with his boss! I think I stayed pretty calm under the circumstances. Her head had a bump larger than a golf ball! I finally decided to call my sister-in-law, Lauren, because she has 2 boys and I assumed this was something she'd experienced. Thankfully, she was super helpful (and nice, considering I'd woken her up!) and she assured me that I didn't need to rush Mary Grace to the emergency room.
After about 30 minutes the swelling started to go down and at that point I realized I really needed a picture in case the swelling was completely gone by the time Brent got home (needed to justify my panic.) This picture doesn't do it justice!
And yes, she was sleeping in the cat ears so they were on when she fell. I couldn't help but laugh thinking of arriving at the ER with my daughter who looks like she's playing dress up in the middle of a major emergency!
One last bedtime related story-
We live in the most awesome neighborhood. That being said...if the ice cream man drives through here all summer at 9:15PM...I am going to seriously consider moving. We gave in and got her ice cream the first night even though she was practically asleep when the music started (only because I was already getting my wallet to get myself something!), but it's going to be a LONG summer saying no every most nights!






No comments:
Post a Comment