Monday, October 26, 2015

Oh...October

Oh, hey, it's October. Actually, its almost November and I'm still re-living our vacation from the end of September.
Despite the lack of pictures, we've actually had a really busy October.

Panther's Party
(I had to crop Miller out because it was a really bad picture of him. I think he sneezed. Of course, we'd only taken 1 picture and I didn't check it until a week later.)
 Mary Grace got her face painted like a Panther...
 an interesting take on a panther! 
Mary Grace thought it looked GREAT and did not understand why Brent and I made her wash it off as soon as we got home.
Lots of rain in October- this was the weekend of the predicted "Historic Flooding" when it never actually rained in Charlotte (which, we are thankful for!)
 Brent and I attended A Night Out With Steven Curtis Chapman to benefit The Charlotte Pregnancy Resource Center.
(this would have been a cool picture if you could see the screen behind us!)
 Very cool seeing Steven Curtis Chapman!
I started flipping our closets to winter clothes and Miller is very happy to have his hat collection accessible. Every time I see him he's got on a different hat. 

 My children have hijacked my phone a lot lately. I had to sort through about 200 pictures just like this one to find the ones I actually took. 
 Game Day Cooking Project

 I was laying on our other couch reading and when I looked up I saw them snuggled up like this. So sweet!
 Miller and I got to go to Brent's office one day to celebrate Bosses Day.
 It was very thoughtful of Brent's office to invite us for lunch.
 Brent and I went down to Atlanta for my 15-year High School Reunion

A few of us went out to dinner at Illegal Food before the reunion
Mary Elizabeth, Erin, Kelly, Sarah and Laura
 Marist Class of 2000
(at least part of us!)
 Brent and David (and a lot of other guys) pretty much camped out in the corner to watch football.
 Nana started a Book Club for Mary Grace
It's been very exciting! Our first book is The Little Princess.
 I'm the room mom for Mary Grace's class. Apparently one of my duties was to tie-dye their class t-shirts. Although I had never done it before and was totally nervous, they ended up turning out pretty good. I'm a little bit addicted to it now...so if anyone wants a tie-dyed shirt, let me know!
 We cheered really hard for the Cubs this month.
 Mary Grace writing her spelling words out on the driveway in chalk.
 While Mary Grace was writing her spelling words, Miller was busy flying around on his "super hero car." Mary Grace tried to point out that he was riding upside down, but Miller could not be convinced. 
 I tried to get a picture of these sweet friends, but they could not stop giggling long enough to smile.
Mary Grace, Lucy and Grace

I will admit, it was a little tough to get back into the swing of things after getting home from vacation. In fact, Miller actually missed a day of school randomly because I forgot it was a school day for him (what?!?! SO not like me!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment