Sunday, January 17, 2016

4-Year Old Interview

Miller's 4-Year Old Interview

What is your favorite color?
Blue and Green 

What is your favorite thing to do?
Everything. 
Like what?
Uhh, play cars. Play with my sister. Play football. And baseball. I'm just a player.

What is your favorite song?
Jingle Bells. Rock. No, no, no. Write Jingle Bell Rock.

What is your favorite book?
I like all of my books.

Who is your best friend?
Kinnick and Whitaker and that little brother (Paxton- he always calls him "that little brother"), Caleb and Lily Kate.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Baseball Player

Who are your teachers?
My school teachers?
Sure
Angel and Brenda. I call them Ms. Angel and Ms Brenda.

What is your favorite thing about school?
Everything.
Like what?
Like playing with everything.

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Peanut Butter and Jelly

What is your favorite number?
19 (???)

What is your favorite animal?
Lion (???)

What is your favorite fruit?
Pears and bananas. But they have to be cut up...like this (as he demonstrates his hand like a knife)

What is your favorite car?
All of my cars.

I love doing these interviews with the kids! It is so much fun to look back on them over the years. Here is a link to Miller's 3-year old interview:
http://www.borninthesec.blogspot.com/2015/02/interview.html
And here is the link to Mary Grace's 4-year old interview (both kids wanted to compare):
http://www.marygracebowlin.blogspot.com/2011/08/interview.html 


 Here is Miller on his last night as a 3-year old.

When I looked back at the post I wrote for his 3-year old interview, I noticed that I started out "Miller is an absolute light in our lives." That is the exact same way I want to start this one too. He brings so much joy and happiness to our family!

I think the best thing about Miller is how fiercely he loves us. I don't have to guess- he tells me ALL THE TIME. And he tells Brent and Mary Grace constantly too. Seriously, not 5 minutes ever goes by that Miller doesn't snuggle up beside me and say "I love you Mama." Miller loves to run his hands over my hair. He always tells me "You are the softest." I can think of a million other things I'd rather be...but coming from Miller, that is the ultimate compliment. 

As you might guess, Miller is very attached to us. He is a permanent fixture on my leg. It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, he wants to be right next to me. When Brent is home, Miller is always climbing all over him. Brent and Miller play a game where Miller runs a route (like in football) and Miller catches the ball. This game looks exhausting, but Miller will do it for hours. Miller thinks that Mary Grace hangs the moon. He will pretty much do whatever she tells him to and he always looks to her for guidance or instruction. In the last couple of months I've seen him start to become a pesky little brother- trying to bother Mary Grace when she's in the middle of something. But when I watch close enough, it's easy to realize that he's just trying to get her attention.  

Miller enjoys school and Bible Study, but honestly given the choice I think he'd rather stay home all day every day with me. His teachers adore him and report that he's an angel. He is the only boy in his class at school, but it sounds like he enjoys it. I remind him all the time that he really needs to be a gentleman! Miller does a great job reciting everything that he's learning- he'll sing the songs or tell me verbatim how something was taught. It's really sweet how seriously he takes his learning!

Miller is extremely funny. He has a knack for one liners that just make us all burst out laughing. He's really good at being funny without any effort- but he definitely knows he's funny. His teachers say he's the best class clown (not disruptive or disrespectful- just fun to be around.) Depending on the line he's delivered he'll either look at us with his big brown eyes wide, or with a sheepish little grin. It's so cute!

Miller loves all sports, but specifically wants to play baseball. We have him signed up for tee-ball this spring and I think he's told everyone we know. He also loves playing with his toy cars (matchbox cars.) He has a million, and yet he knows when 1 is missing. There is nothing I dread more than when he comes to me saying "X car is missing." It's like finding a needle in a haystack...but he will not rest until the car is located. He loves when I cheer for his cars when they are racing. Whatever car he tells me to cheer for looses. Every time. 

Miller is such a picky eater. I'm not sure how or when it happened. We certainly don't support his effort. But we waste A LOT of food with him. He also only eats when he's hungry- which is sometimes not for several days. Even if you present him with his favorite food, if he doesn't feel like eating, he won't. Strange kid. And, that probably explains why we can't keep pants on him! He is so tall and skinny!  

Miller is sweet and charming. He's easy to love. I will say, he makes getting anything done around the house very hard. If he isn't hanging on my leg, he reaches up with his arms and says "hold me." And since he's pretty irresistible...
I keep promising Brent that one day all our laundry will be folded, and our house will be clean...but it might not be until Miller goes off to college!

We love Miller to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment