Happy Half Birthday Mary Grace!
February 13, 2013
There are truly no words to say how shocked I am that this child is already five and a half. It seems like just yesterday we were shopping for nursery furniture and then wondering if she was ever going to actually go to sleep in it.
Life with Mary Grace has been such an adventure. She is so spunky, quick witted, genuine, smart, funny and energetic. Unfortunately, she's also crazy, stubborn, and dramatic. But the good and the bad- it's what makes her Mary Grace- the 'Crazy Girl' that we love.
Lately I've seen glimpses of a girl growing up. An occasional eye roll at something I say, or a really tender moment where I feel like I'm finally getting through to her.
I'm trying to cherish every moment of her at this age. As hard as it is to play My Little Ponies for hours on end, or pretend to be a Mommy Cat in an imaginary game-
I know this won't last forever.
And some days, I thank God for that!!!
But 5 is fun. And I'm going to embrace the next 6 months...
I'm SO not ready to have a 6 year old!
I've totally given up on even trying to make the 1/2 cake look good.
It was delicious and made Mary Grace really happy...that is about all that matters!



No comments:
Post a Comment