Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Edition

Another Edition of 'That's What She Said'
by: Mary Grace







"Do you think we're on the upside down part of the world right now? I'm feeling a little tilty today?"

_________________


Day after the Super Bowl
Sarah: "Did you have fun last night?"
Mary Grace: "kind of. I feel like there was too much football and not enough Beyonce"

_______________


MG: "I like to eat the healthy stuff first and save the unhealthy stuff until the end"
Sarah: "So why are you eating the pretzels and not the apples?"
MG: "Pretzels are really good for you. They help your teeth get stronger."

_______________


"I don't know the answer off the top of my head. Maybe I stored it in the bottom part. Let me check"
(long pause)
"nope. nope. Definitely don't know the answer anywhere in my head."

_______________


MG: "I would be ESPECED to do that"
Sarah: "what?"
MG: "oh. ESPECED is a new word I made up. Using new words makes you sound smart."
Sarah: (mumble) "actually not"
MG: "So mom, you don't know what it means? ESPECED means- oh my gosh, I would be delighted"

______________


Mary Grace's Teacher told me this story. She said the sassy attitude was through the roof, but that's what made it so funny. 
A couple teachers were talking and asked Mary Grace if UT beat FL the night before.
She put her hand on her hip and said "of course they did"

________________


A blonde moment:
MG: "Hey mom, can I have something to dip my chicken in?"
Sarah: "Sure. Ketchup?"
MG: "no, I don't like tomatoes. Can I have pizza sauce?"

______________


So to preface this story, I think MG has heard from one of her friends that Santa isn't real. She's asked me a couple of times, but when we talk about it she always falls back into believing. I know she's just testing me and I'm not too upset because I'm pretty sure she's still got a year or two of believing left in her. But she's smart...so the very practical side of her comes out every once in a while.

Talking about something totally random like Strawberry Shortcake...
MG: "Are you serious?"
Sarah: "Mommy doesn't lie"
MG: "except about that Santa thing"

I could have died when she said that! But I think I played it off pretty cool!

_______________


MG: "Harrison told me he's a Kentucky fan"
Brent: "Did you say 'Go Vols'?"
MG: "No, I just backed away slowly"

_________________


Dinner one night-
MG: "my tooth is loose! my tooth is loose!"
Brent/Sarah: (so excited) "wow!"
MG proceeds to pull something out of her mouth-
Brent/Sarah: GASP!
MG: "oh wait, it was just chicken"

No comments:

Post a Comment