Life around our house has been very unusual for the last week!
I woke up last Tuesday and knew something was terribly wrong with me. Turns out, I had the flu. I'm not sure I've ever actually had the flu before, but I know I've never been THAT sick for THAT many days in a row. It was so miserable!
Fortunately, I had fair warning. I was told that the strain I tested positive for (B) was truly a 7-10 day flu. She warned that days 3-5 are actually the worst. Thankfully my mom was able to drive in to help! Both she and Brent have worked 24 hours a day taking care of me, the kids, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I think it was probably the longest 6 days of ALL of our lives! I've never been so ready to get back to housework!
My sweet friend, Nina, delivered dinner for my family one night and brought me these beautiful flowers!
And Mary Grace picked some flowers for me too!
I'm so thankful for Brent, my mom and the kids for taking such good care of me. And for so many friends who offered to help and called to check on me!
I sure did miss hanging out with these two kids!
Obviously, I haven't taken a single picture in 7 days (possibly a record?) So this is going to be a photo dump of everything leading up to the flu!
Dinner at Jean Farris Winery with Lindsay and Andy
Making 'Cat in the Hat' Hat treats for school-
Mary Grace is doing a kids devotional for lent. Each day there is a suggestion of something to do and one day it said 'Make a Thank You card for someone in the military.' It started with 1 card, and by the end of the day she'd made 5 (when I took this picture). By the end of the next day she'd made about 30! We've mailed out about 20 so far, but I still have a huge stack- please send me any addresses of friends/family in the military. I'd love to send them a card from Mary Grace.
'Aunt' Rachel and Miller love each other so much!
I walked into the kitchen to find Miller sitting on this chair (which doesn't normally belong in the kitchen). Mary Grace quickly said to me "Don't talk to Miller right now, I've put him in a time-out"
I'm not sure what he did wrong...but it was really funny because they were both taking it very seriously!
Braden's 6th Birthday Party
Tyce, Caden, Mary Grace and Bella














No comments:
Post a Comment