Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Tooth Tale

Mary Grace lost her first top tooth last night. Of course, there's a story...nothing can just be normal around here! We were in the basement watching the Sound of Music. Both kids got so excited when 'Doe a Deer' came on that they jumped up and somehow Miller ended up punching Mary Grace in the mouth. 

This would typically result in hysterics and lots of fake crying. I knew something was wrong when Mary Grace immediately began thanking Miller. And hugging him. It was Nana who realized first that Miller had punched Mary Grace's tooth out. And she was thrilled at the idea of $5 coming her way later that evening. She even wanted to stage the whole incident again to see if he could knock out any more teeth!
  

So she went to bed with very specific instructions to leave the tooth on her bedside table. But when I went into her room it was nowhere to be found. Since we all know what a horrible track record I have, I decided the safest thing was to just leave the money and get out. Risking waking her up to find the tooth wasn't worth it.

At 5:30AM I was woken up by her screaming for me. I ran to her room and she was so upset that the Tooth Fairy hadn't come yet. I looked to where I left the money, and there was the bag with the tooth in it. WHAT?!?!? In my sleepy state it took several minutes for me to figure out what was going on and decide if I'd imagined going into her room. But eventually I found the money on the floor. She was super confused why the tooth was still there, but thankfully as I fumbled for an answer she provided an explanation...

"ooohh, I bet the Tooth Fairy got confused because I had the tooth under Kathy's (her stuffed animal) pillow for part of the night. She was probably wondering if the cat tooth fairy was coming. And then thinking, that's weird, stuffed animals don't have teeth"

Me: "yeah, that's probably..."

"OR I woke up right when she was leaving the money and so she had to fly away real quick"

Me: "Could..."

"OR maybe the laws are just different in Illinois. I bet there's a Tooth Fairy for every state."

At that point I went back to bed and left her, mid-sentence, spouting off explanations. 

Either way, she was pretty excited about her sparkly money!
 Not sure I'm ready for this grown up grin!


 And per her request- a photoshoot with Kathy.


I'm afraid there will be more Tooth Tales coming soon...she's got like 6 more that are starting to wiggle. I think we'll have to add a line to our budget just for the Tooth Fairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment