Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hello 2014!


I thought about doing a look back at 2013 like I did at the end of 2012 (http://www.borninthesec.blogspot.com/2013/01/blessings-of-2012.html), but I'm not going to for 2 reasons. First, I'm already 14 days into 2014. At this rate I'll still be posting snow pictures this summer.

And secondly, when I think of 2013 it will always be bittersweet. It was filled with countless blessings, a million laughs, and priceless memories.

But there was also a lot of heartache and sadness. 3 very special people in our lives went to heaven- GrandMary (Brent's grandmother), Grandma Fleming (my grandmother) and Spencer Boyd (the owner of Camp Merri-Mac who was always like another grandfather to me).

Additionally, in 2013 Brent both left and returned to Liberty Mutual. Returning meant our family would leave Lexington and move to Chicago. And while we're both extremely excited about the opportunities here, it was nearly impossible to say good-bye to Lexington.

I think it is safe to say 2013 was one of the hardest years for our family. However, if that was what 'hard' looks like...we are very, very blessed! We know, without a doubt, that God has an amazing plan for our family. We are SO excited about everything to come in 2014.

And, with that, a couple final pictures of 2013. These were taken at Thanksgiving, but saved as TOP SECRET for Nana's Christmas present from her 3 grandchildren!



















No comments:

Post a Comment