As of yesterday, this winter is the 4th snowiest in Chicago history.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a tad competitive. 4th is not sitting well with me. So in a strange turn of events...I actually find myself hoping for more snow.
Fortunately for my sanity, we FINALLY had a big "warm" snow. Who knew there was even such a thing as a warm snow? My new definition of "warm" is when the temperature is above 20 degrees.
The kids were thrilled to be able to play!
Don't they look thrilled?
I asked them to try to look excited and this is what I ended up with-
If I'm being honest (meaning...not bribing them to smile), this guy kind of hated it. Poor thing couldn't really move because the snow came up so high on him.
Maddie wasn't really thrilled either.
But this girl, she was in her glory. Mary Grace is really and truly in love with snow. At least snow that's warm enough to play in!
Brent and I bundled up to enjoy some much needed outside time.
Miller was miserable- until I put him in his swing. Then he was happy as a clam and spent over an hour just swinging.
Brent had a horrible really great idea...we should build an igloo in our backyard. I would love to say that this was spur of the moment stupidity, but we actually watched about 10 You-Tube videos on how to do it the night before.
The videos didn't quite elaborate on how time consuming the task would be! And also, Brent might have doubled the recommended size.
This was the start- the chair was for size reference. It's about a 3 foot tall chair.
7 hours worth of work later (and yes, the kids went inside, watched an entire movie and took naps) this was as far as we got. The picture doesn't really do it justice! It's about 5.5 feet tall right now. We're hoping to finish it this weekend, but we'll see. The next portion will involve ladders.
Our neighbor's view-
they laughed at us all day. And took pictures.
If all goes well this weekend, everyone is invited to come have a beer in our igloo soon!













No comments:
Post a Comment