Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Olympic Love

Like everyone else, Mary Grace and Miller are really excited about the Olympics.
 Mary Grace made a special Olympics banner for our fireplace. She wanted to draw all the flags from all the countries, but I thought that was a tad too ambitious!
 Miller thinks he's actually competing in the Olympics. No matter what is on (ice skating, snowboarding, downhill, etc) he tries to do it in our living room. My favorite is watching him luge- he lies on the floor perfectly flat and still.

 The Olympics trump our rule of no TV during the week! We have been recording the prime time coverage and watching bits here and there. Tonight we finally finished watching the opening ceremonies (they could only handle that in small doses). 

Conversation as we were watching tonight:
Mary Grace- "Mom, the next winter Olympics I'll be 10. And then the next one 14. And then the next one 18."

Sarah- "Then?"

Without missing a beat, Mary Grace: "I'll have a cat!"

In other news, Chicago is officially on the podium. We've got the 3rd most snow ever. I'm still hoping for GOLD! 

1 comment: