Monday, March 3, 2014

February Flew

February is a short month, but wow.
It really flew by extra quick this year (thankfully)!
 Lots of left over February pictures to post...
 At some point this month they hit 100 days of school.
 Miller hasn't been subjected to too many hand-me-downs from Mary Grace. But he LOVES this pair of "Gasses." I'm hoping to find a more manly pair before this summer!
 One thing I've been noticing lately about Miller is his tendency to want to be big. He's really resisting sitting in his booster seat at the table, he wants to walk and not be carried, and he wants to "Me-yer do it" on just about everything these days.

I couldn't believe it when we arrived at Bible Study and he insisted on carrying his backpack like a big kid. Why can't he stay little?
 At the beginning of the year one of my goals/resolutions was to try to cut out as much processed food as possible. I decided to start by just eliminating a few of our most purchased processed foods. #1 on the list would be cereal bars. I've always justified them because they were easy semi-healthyish. Sort of.

I found a recipe for Energy Bites and the kids have been helping me make a weekly batch. They love them and I don't even think they've noticed that we haven't bought bars in months!
 "Uncle" Von came for a quick visit

 We got into a bad habit of ordering cheese pizza for the kids. At some point in the fall when they were flat out refusing to eat pizza with any topping we realized it was time for a change. Brent had the brilliant idea to have them help create pizzas with lots of new toppings. BBQ pizza is a now a family favorite and we even made one this week with mustard as a sauce. So fun to try new things and even more fun to watch the kids branch out!
(as you can see I'm still using pre-made pizza crust...hoping to change that this week. I have a dough I made in the fridge waiting to be baked as a pizza crust. Fingers crossed!)
 Miller is such a happy boy! I love how much fun he has doing everything.
 Brent made a turkey the other day. As it came out of the oven Mary Grace immediately said "Mom, quick, take a picture."
 And then she wanted another picture of her meal- so that she could remember it.
(I think I've created a monster!)

 Mary Grace and her doll, McKenna got to go to a tea party for Anna's birthday. I didn't stay for the party, but I hear it was a really good time!
 I can not get enough of this cute guy!
And he can't get enough of his trucks, planes, tractors, etc!

Did anyone else notice that not one of these February pictures was taken outside? REALLY hoping to change that in March...although it's not looking promising yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment