Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June

Where did June go?
It was, by far, the fastest month EVER!

Most of our June pictures involve our travels, but here are some random ones left over from the days in between.

Naperville Presbyterian Church VBS
Gavriel, Anna and Mary Grace- friends from Covenant Classical School
(during the week they made those tie-dye shirts that Mary Grace is wearing. Each child got to make 2. One for themselves and 1 to send with the church's mission group going to Haiti later this summer) 
Final performance

Thanks for inviting us to your VBS Gavriel!
After a couple weeks of summer, it was nice to have some 1 on 1 time with this guy again!
Mary Grace and Anna
The kids finished their summer reading requirements from the library. They each got to put their name on the wall and pick a new book.

Miller has spent a lot of time in "time-out" this summer.
He is generally SO good that it's easy to forget what a typical 2-year old is like. I'm seeing glimpses more and more often!
Lunch at one of our favorite pizza places- Aurelio's
(PS. Atlanta friends, they just opened 1 in Marietta!!)
Mary Grace's school has a scheduled play date just about once a week all summer. This was the first one we could go to and it's a really good thing we planned to go with a friend because no one else showed up (it had rained a ton the night before and was very overcast so I think that discouraged everyone else)
Mary Grace and Anna
Miller loved the fact that it was a bit muddy
This summer we have been extremely lenient on the kid's bedtimes (see above notes about Miller in time-out. Possible correlation.)
One of the reasons we've been more relaxed is so that we can eat dinner as a family more often. There are still some nights when I have to feed the kids and put them to bed before Brent gets home from work, but whenever possible we try to be flexible. This also means that we've met Brent out quite a few nights.
  

Mary Grace is getting more and more independent (which, I realize, we are LONG overdue on some things!) Rather than asking for water she typically just helps herself now. I hadn't really thought it through until one day I saw her jump up on the counter and I realized this is how she was getting cups down. As quick as I started to tell her not to, I realized she's probably watched me do it a thousand times. Hopefully she'll grow up and get Brent's height gene!
Similarly, Miller has trouble reaching the toys in our toy box. He's taken to just getting all the way in and digging for whatever he's looking for! 

Hopeful that July will go by super slow (doubtful though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment