Happy 7th Birthday Party Mary Grace!
When we told the kids we were moving to Charlotte, Mary Grace's immediate concern was about her birthday party (and yes, if this is sounding familiar to anyone...the SAME THING happened last year!) I assured her that we would find time to celebrate before we left. Ever the quick one, here are the exact words she said to Brent and me:
"Hey, I know. Last year when we were leaving Kentucky we did a horse party. This year since we're leaving Chicago I think we should do a frozen party. Ya know, cause it's so cold here."
For one hot second I had visions of a snow machine in our backyard and all the various themed foods, crafts, decorations and games. Thankfully, I came to my senses quickly and began calling around to party locations to see what was still available just 2 weeks out.
We booked a gymnastics place for an "Adrenaline Rush" party (obstacle courses, relay races, etc.) and I set out to find the perfect Frozen invitations. Turns out, they weren't easy to find. Reluctantly, I headed to Hobby Lobby for scrap book cards and stickers to make our own Frozen themed ones. But while I was deliberating colors, Mary Grace fell in love with hot pink, zebra print invites. It took a lot of self control, but I "Let it Go" and let Mary Grace buy the invitations of her choice- even though it totally blew my theme before I even got started!
But, anything is worth it to see this beautiful girl smile!
By far, her favorite part was being in charge of the favors. Since we had invited boys and girls I suggested sticking to candy rather than any Frozen themed trinkets. She picked KitKats, Reeses Cups, M&M's, Blow Pops and some sort of assortment mix.
So happy Nana could be there to celebrate with us!
Miller was so excited it was his sissy's birthday! He kept asking all day "can I sing Happy Birthday to sissy?"
Stretching-
Anna, Mary Grace, Sam, Miller and Gavriel
This little girl was in her element! She loves a good competition.
Knowing how hard it is to plan a summer birthday party, I was so thankful these sweet friends could come- especially with just 2 weeks notice!
Gavriel, Harrison, Anna, Mary Grace, Michaela, Kira and Sam
Apparently the cookie monster does not discriminate when it comes to dessert!
It was tough saying good-bye to all of these awesome friends!
And in one of the most genuinely thoughtful gestures ever- Mary Grace's friend Miracle showed up at the very, very end of the party (her family had another commitment that totally conflicted) to give Mary Grace a birthday hug and say goodbye.
Although it was a tad last minute and semi thrown together, at the end of the day Mary Grace loved her party!
And can everyone just collectively agree to remind me to plan my children's birthday parties several months in advance from now on? In Miller's case- just in case the world freezes over and I can't make it to the store. And in Mary Grace's case- on the outside chance that we move again (which we won't!)

















You are the best Mom ever to throw together such a last minute party so perfectly!! Mary Grace is lucky to have you! Good luck on your move, we'll be thinking tons of positive thoughts for you. North Carolina is going to be amazing :)
ReplyDelete