Thursday, July 24, 2014

Troopers

These two kids have been such troopers for the last month!
 School may be out, but Mary Grace and Miller are learning some really great lessons this summer.
Spontaneity, flexibility, and, my favorite, tidiness.

If I'm really being honest, these are 3 qualities I'm still working on myself.
 There are few things in my life that I find more frustrating than not having a schedule. I'm a planner and I like to know exactly what's going on and when. Unfortunately, the kids have inherited my Type A personality too. So waking up every morning, not knowing exactly what the day will bring...yeah, it hasn't been easy.

But we've rolled with it. Yesterday we were actually able to pull off a home showing with 10 minutes notice. 
We've had countless Realtor evaluations, inspections, handy man estimates, packing survey, etc. I've had to cancel play dates, change our plans last minute, and feed the kids the most random meals at the most random times. 



 But the craziest thing is that looking back, I think this will be one of our best summer's ever. Mary Grace and Miller have been forced to just play. Nothing fancy. No huge productions. I give them a pile of legos or a few matchbox cars and they literally just play. It's awesome!





 I am beyond thankful for their amazing attitudes. At times, they have been the only thing keeping me sane through all of this (which is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE from what I would have thought going into the relocation!)
 Not knowing exactly what Charlotte will bring, I'm trying to soak up and cherish everything I love about here. These endlessly flat sidewalks will really be missed!
 It's wild to think that we haven't even lived in our house for a year. Each season (well, month, really) brings new surprises. We were so excited when these pretty flowers bloomed last week in our back yard!


 Of the many things we will miss about Chicago, this place will be close to the top of the list! Fortunately, I have a feeling this chain will spread like wildfire and it won't be long before we've got one in Charlotte!
 So seriously- this is what happens when mom won't let you get out any toys. You switch shoes and run around the house for 30 minutes with big smiles.
 Working on tidiness, yes. Cleanliness while eating, no.
 Love these two kids to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment