Mary Grace's First day of 1st Grade
August 25th, 2014
Once again, she's starting school while living in a hotel. She seems to think it's perfectly normal. I feel like, if nothing else, we're providing her with an ice breaker topic for the rest of her life. I'm not sure there are many kids who have that fun fact!
Holy moly it was EARLY when we took these pictures!
I caught this picture with a half yawn.
On her way to her classroom
(I was allowed to walk her in the first day. Since we'd already visited the school for Open House, I let her lead to make sure she could find her way tomorrow) Of course, she knew exactly where she was going!
At the Open House the kids were allowed to pick their first spot. Since we came at the beginning of the Open House, she was the first child at her table and we never saw anyone else pick that one. When I picked her up from school I asked who else was at her table. She couldn't remember anyone's names, but reported there were 4 girls and 1 boy. The teacher is going to let them keep these seats for 1 week so hopefully she'll learn a few friend's names soon!
Mary Grace with her Student Teacher, Ms. M, and her teacher Mrs. Aquilone.
I am SO excited about these two! I think it's going to be a great year!
Mary Grace was unusually quiet on the way to school (I think she was still half asleep.)
I asked her if she was nervous and she said "about what?"
So...I guess not! She is so outgoing.
Backtracking a bit...
Last night Mary Grace got to open this bag from her teacher-
Miller could hardly handle the suspense.
There was a cute little poem inside with some "jitter glitter" to put under her pillow.
Although the bag contained a good amount of glitter, Mary Grace insisted on only putting one tiny piece under her pillow.
"It's magic. I don't want to waste it."
Overall I would say the first day experience was awesome!
When I picked Mary Grace up from school she was in a very grumpy mood. I think she was completely exhausted- this was her first FULL day of school ever. I got some small details about the day (all of which sounded great), but her main point was this:
"All that happened today was the teachers talked. They just talked and talked. We didn't get to do any learning"
Haha! Only Mary Grace would be annoyed that she didn't learn anything on the first day!













No comments:
Post a Comment