Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Green Thumbs

Mary Grace has been begging for several years to plant a garden. In fact, several times over the years she's started one without permission (as in, she digs up the yard and plants whatever she can get her hands on- apple seeds, corn, weeds, etc.)

Brent finally caved and agreed to help her with a real garden. 
Mary Grace was so excited to go shopping!
 Miller and I were along for the ride (I made it clear that I want NOTHING to do with this garden! Plants are not my thing!!)
Garden accessories, however, might be! How cute does he look in this hat?
 Back at home, Brent and the kids got to work. Brent did a great job letting the kids- in particular Mary Grace- feel like she was doing the whole thing herself!


 In this planter we have red peppers, cucumbers, red onions and zucchini. 
 Green Pepper
 lots of tomatoes 
 A pear tree
 basil, cilantro, mint and dill

Mary Grace has done a great job watering every day. We have several things that look like they are beginning to grow, but we haven't actually harvested anything yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment