Monday, August 10, 2015

Blue Moon

Night of the Blue Moon
July 31st
Savannah, GA
 Brent and I decided to kick off our beach vacation a day early by taking the kids to Savannah. We intended to leave early afternoon, but as I suspected unfortunately we got away a little later than we planned. Brent had already researched where he wanted to have dinner in downtown Savannah, so although it was late we decided to go for it. Randomly, there was an actual blue moon...thus, our motto for the night became "well, once in a blue moon."

We arrived in Savannah around 8PM and the pizza place had an hour wait. Typically I would not even consider it, especially with the kids in tow...but once in a blue moon! As you can see from the pictures, we obviously waited.
 After dinner we took a pedicab across downtown for ice cream.
The kids loved the ride (once in a blue moon!)
 It was approaching 11PM when we pulled up to Leopold's and the line was out the door. 
But...once in a blue moon!
The ice cream was totally worth the wait and worth putting up with two tired, grumpy kids.
 On our walk back to the car the moon was finally high enough in the sky to get a good picture-
 We checked into our hotel right around midnight. 
It's a good thing a blue moon is so rare- this guy couldn't handle it!

I'm almost embarrassed at how many pictures I took on our vacation. After Savannah, we spent a week in Hilton Head and then a weekend in Atlanta. Lots of amazing memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment