Saturday, December 10, 2016

Santa

Visiting Santa Clause at SouthPark Mall 2016
This year we were able to visit Santa on a Friday since neither of the kids have school that day. I was so excited to avoid the crowds/lines and make a day of it. Brent worked a bit in the morning which pushed our schedule back a little further than I planned. Admittedly, I hadn't checked the schedule and didn't realize Santa took breaks. My bad. We showed up at SouthPark at 1:03PM prepared to visit Santa and then have lunch at our favorite place, Cow Fish. Of course, Santa takes a break from 1-2!
Normal people would have gone to get lunch and then come back, but I was certain these two couldn't make it through lunch without spilling something. So we just waited an hour. So much for avoiding the crowds/lines!
On a positive note, Mary Grace was SUPER chatty (shocker) and no one else was in line to be annoyed. Miller, on the other hand, looks really annoyed in the pictures. He's actually just really nervous. He did good, but barely squeaked out what he wanted. As it was, he only said 2 of his 3 things. And then he cried when we left because he didn't say his 3rd thing and he was worried Santa would only bring him 2 things.


After a nice visit, we headed over to Cow Fish.


Overall our Santa visit went really well. The kids were patient in line and we all got to enjoy a nice meal together after the fact. On our way home I thought about how fun and stress free our day had been...and then it hit me, the kids are getting older. I know I don't get to do these Santa visits forever. It definitely made me want to go back to the days when the kids cried!

No comments:

Post a Comment