New blog. Done.
Cross it off my to-do list!
Seriously, I tried to think of something awesome to say to open this new blog. Typically I love a blank sheet of paper, a new calendar, or even a fresh form to fill out (yes, total dork...at least I admit these things make me happy.) But for the life of me I can't get motivated to start this new blog. It is intimidating. And a tiny bit bittersweet.
We've managed to keep Mary Grace's blog updated for the last 4 years. It is her baby book. It actually always surprises me when someone mentions a picture I've posted or something I've written. Honestly, I do it mostly for myself and sometimes forget people actually look at it! We'll turn it into a series of coffee table books soon.
Brent always told me that I picked a horrible name for our first blog. At the time, 1 child was enough. A second was unimaginable. Fast forward a few years and we most definitely need a new blog. Before even getting pregnant we began tossing around potential names- for the blog, not the baby.
Having recently moved to Kentucky, we began to think that possibly our 2nd child would be born here. Brent was born in Tennessee, I was born in Georgia, and Mary Grace was born in Florida. 3 SEC states with the potential for a 4th- Kentucky. We thought it was pretty cool and fairly unique. Well then the SEC began to expand and possibly it isn't quite as exclusive an idea as it might have been. But, at that point, we were already pretty sold on this concept.
I have to admit one of the reasons I drug my feet on switching to this blog too early is because I just knew something crazy would happen and we'd end up having Miller in a different state and it would mess up the whole title. Even as recently as Friday we went to Ohio for a couple of hours (post to come soon). I joked that we would absolutely HAVE to cross back over state lines to have Miller!
So...welcome to our new blog! I already have a few new pictures to post and within the next 10 days we should have loads of baby pictures to share!
LOVE the name of the blog - SO creative and cute!!! Miss you guys and can't wait to now follow this blog :) love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to do a blog for each kid! That would definitely make a baby book easier! Jealous I didn't think of that... :)
ReplyDeleteCan't believe about the car accident! So glad you both are ok and can't wait to see pictures of little Miller! Praying for you!