Miller's First Day
Saturday January 7th, 2012
Our chunky monkey- tipping the scale at 8lbs 13oz!
Miller got all settled in our room and then awaited the arrival of Big Sister, Mary Grace
Mary Grace's first glimpse of Miller
She is SO ready to hold her baby brother-
Of course everyone keeps asking us what Mary Grace thinks. Overall, she is so proud and incredibly excited! She really likes the attention of being a big sister. She carries pictures of Miller around everywhere and shows them off to everyone. She is trying her best to be really helpful. Mary Grace has pretty much showed Miller every toy we have in the house and also has suggested on several occasions feeding him grapes, cookies and pizza (We're watching her like a hawk!) She doesn't really enjoy holding him though. I think it is just too hard for her to be stuck sitting still for longer than 3 seconds. She prefers to bounce circles around him! I think the transition is going really well. Fortunately, Mary Grace is also getting TONS of extra attention from Nana!
As promised, Miller arrived with a present for Mary Grace. I think typically you get the older sibling a baby doll, but since she's totally not maternal we decided to go with a horse. We also thought it would be a memorable gift since Miller was born in Kentucky.
Mary Grace was interested in the whole diaper changing process- I LOVE her face in the picture as she watches Daddy change a diaper!
So I kind of love that MG wore a tutu and sparkly ballet shoes to the hospital.
ReplyDeletePS: Miller's pretty cute too :)