So apparently June happened.
I think it happened somewhere between our major jet lag and my phone conversation this morning:
Appointment Guy: I have an opening July 2nd at 9AM
Me: ooohh, you don't have anything sooner?
(significant pause)
AG: Uh, ma'am, you realize that's this coming Monday, right?
Me: WHAT? July is next week???
The calendar says we did stuff. My camera is full of random shots.
But somehow the month passed so quickly, everything is a bit vague!
Spindle Top Country Club with Connor and Ethan
Miller's First Movie- Mirror, Mirror (a real people, slightly scarier version of Snow White. Not 100% sure that I would recommend it.)
Miller stayed awake the ENTIRE movie. Seriously, he was glued to the action! Bryce kept wanting to hold him, but I was a little hesitant since Miller is pretty active when he's awake and I didn't want him to get fussy. Fortunately for Bryce, he fell asleep as the credits were rolling and so they got a few minutes to snuggle.
These two crazy girls were dying to run around after sitting still during the whole movie!
Mary Grace and Eva
Miller testing out the float for the first time-
Funny story.
I swear, I am a hands on parent. I watch the kids closely. However, with two kids now...stuff does tend to get past me every once in a while. For example-
Mary Grace and I ate some apples for lunch one day. She decides she wants to go plant the seeds in our back yard. Whatever, we all know they won't grow...but I knew it would keep her busy for a few minutes. I send her outside to our fenced in backyard, and truly thought I was keeping an eye on her while I cleaned up from lunch. At some point she came in and asked for a cup to water the new trees.
Fastforward to when Brent comes home from work and she proudly shows off her new landscaping. She literally mulched around her planted trees- using TONS of mulch from our actual beds. And created piles of mulch all over our yard! WOOPS!
(and, incase you are wondering, yes...they are still there. Brent has been mowing around them. She waters them daily. I begged Brent to plant actual trees while we were in NC so she would think they grew, but he drew the line on this ridiculous obsession of hers!)
Liberty Mutual celebrated 100 years this month. In addition to each office getting to have a fun party/activity (the Lexington team did a cooking class!) each office did a day of community service. Since Brent's office teams up with Habitat for Humanity for the golf tournament each year, they volunteered their day working on a house in the area.
So typical- look how nervous Miller looks with MG closing in on him!
I fear we are reaching the 'awkward' stage. The stage where Mary Grace will look back on pictures of herself and say 'WHY did you let me wear that?'
So, just for the record, we've told her how dorky she looks. She INSISTS and she is stubborn!
Please, everyone, have my back on this in 10 years!
Bring on July!
Sorry Sar, not dorky at all...only adorable...welcome to July!! Love you.
ReplyDelete