Mary Grace's Last Day of Preschool
May 11, 2012
Although there is nothing that bugs me more than blog posts out of order, I couldn't NOT write about
this milestone. I didn't post before we left because I didn't want to flag up the fact that we were headed out of town (plus, seriously...it wasn't like I had extra time!) And by the time we arrived home school was a distant memory and I completely forgot about it in my excitement to sort through the trip pictures.
Mary Grace's last day wasn't technically the last day of school, it was actually the Mother's Day Tea. I was a little worried that this would add confusion, but it was really nice and I think Mary Grace was able to say good bye to her friends and bring some closure to her year. Plus, it gave me a great excuse to spend her last day of school actually AT school with her (and take some pictures!)
Eli and Mary Grace
(She was the youngest in her class...and one of the tallest!)
Mary Grace's sweet teacher, Mrs. Howard
And her other wonderful teacher, Mrs. Phelps
This was such a great year for Mary Grace. Although just a preschool, Trinity and her teachers have really helped support the discipline, manners and standards we are trying to teach at home. Mary Grace was described by her teachers as a 'born leader with loads of self confidence.' We were told that she would 'call meetings' out on the playground and sell the other kids on the next game they should play! Of course, not everything we heard about her was perfect...that confidence gets her in trouble sometimes too. But it was nice to hear realistic reports about her and know that the teachers were working on those behaviors too!
Brent and I have chosen to send Mary Grace to Transitional Kindergarten (TK) next year. Technically, she makes the cut for Kindergarten by 2 weeks, but would most certainly be one of the youngest in her class. Although 'red shirting' her is something we've been planning since she was born, we really struggled with the decision this spring. We feel like being older will serve her well in the future...but it means that she will not be in the same grade as the majority of her current friends. Mary Grace's teachers also really thought she was ready for the challenge of Kindergarten.
After a lot of thought, we stuck to our original decision and we're very excited about TK.
But for now...we're REALLY enjoying summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment