Election Day 2012
Mary Grace is out of school today. We've had a great day- a little shopping and lunch out at her favorite pizza place!
Brent and I have spent a lot of time talking to Mary Grace about the purpose of election day, our country's history, and even a semi-age appropriate description of the two candidates and their fundamental differences. It has been fun having her ask questions and be involved.
Mary Grace obviously knows we support Romney, but we have been encouraging her to pray each night for both candidates and our country.
I had to pull this picture off of our other blog. I can't believe this was 4 years ago!
One quick funny election story-
I have tried really hard to teach Mary Grace to support a candidate and not bash another. It is important to me that she be educated on issues. But...
Today we were out shopping and Mary Grace saw someone wearing a UK sweatshirt (it is not uncommon for Mary Grace to point this out with disgust) she turned to me and loudly said "Mommy, look a Kentucky fan. She prolly voted for Obama too."
Love MG's candid response! She was probably spot on too! :)
ReplyDeleteI just about died laughing at MG's comment! So funny!
ReplyDelete