Our Disney vacation story- Part 1:
Brent and I planned a last minute Disney vacation (we get emails on last minute deals from Disney Cruise Line). Both of us are horrible at keeping secrets, but we figured we could do it considering we only had to keep our mouths shut for 10 days.
Keeping the secret turned out to be easier than we thought because in the days between booking and leaving- Miller had the flu, Mary Grace had the flu, Brent went to Jacksonville on a business trip, Mary Grace got a stomach bug and I got a stomach bug. We were so preoccupied trying to get healthy, sterilize our house a million times, and pack that we completely forgot to plan how we would tell Mary Grace.
In very un-Sarah-like fashion we threw together the idea on Friday morning that we'd have Mary Grace and Miller open a Christmas present containing 3 clues. I spent all day imagining the priceless reaction.
So Friday I picked Mary Grace up from school and told her that when Daddy got home she was going to get to open a special surprise early Christmas present with clues about what we were going to do for the weekend. She started imagining all kinds of possibilities...
I wish I'd been video taping THIS PART-
"Are we going to the beach? A rock concert? To look at Christmas lights in Sam's neighborhood?"
Instead, I taped the part where she opened her clues-
A princess figurine, Minnie Mouse ears and a boat.
And her reaction-
"That's too far"
Maybe one day Brent and I will laugh at this video and her reaction. But right now, it's still a sore subject. It just wasn't quite the wide-eyed, excited, amazing reaction I was hoping for! Thankfully Miller started clapping which made me feel a tiny bit better.
And with that we were off, heading towards Florida-
We spent Friday night in Knoxville and Saturday night in Lake Mary (aka 'home')
After Miller's bath I turned around for a second and couldn't find him. He found a great hiding place!
Sunday morning we went over to our best friends, Nicole and Matt's house.
Mary Grace (5), Cooper (5), Miller (11 months), Brady (3), Beck (1)
And then we headed towards Port Canaveral to board the ship!





No comments:
Post a Comment