July might go down as one of the craziest months ever (for us.) Right around the time we were returning from our 10 day trip to Chicago/Knoxville, Brent got asked to come to Orlando for a week for work. Ever up for an adventure, we didn't have to think twice about the fact that we'd just turn it into a family vacation.
I had less than two weeks to try to throw some plans together for Mom With A Map, but I was really happy with how our schedule worked out.
Our first full day in Florida I headed to LEGOLAND with the kids.
Of course, I wrote about our sponsored trip to LEGOLAND on the website- but here are a bunch more personal pictures and stories.
Mary Grace was SO happy to see all her "LEGO Friends" (I'm not even kidding!) This is Stephanie- Mary Grace's favorite, because she looks like her!
This was Mary Grace's favorite ride. It was this rocking, spinning, flinging thing that gave me a headache just watching. She is the craziest!!
Thankfully Miller was too short to ride and so I "had" to sit out with him.
This ride could have been really cool. You basically sit in a moving boat that goes around a track and you have a water gun fight with the people on the shore.
Signs all in the line say "you MAY get soaked." But I wasn't extremely worried because every single person getting off the ride was only a tiny bit wet.
So somehow right at the start of the ride this massive bucket of water dumps right on the 3 of us. I watched all the boats after us and no more water ever poured on anyone else. Even the other people in our boat were completely dry at the end of the ride. We are magnets for this kind of thing at a theme park! Ugh!
We could have spent all day in the Minicity area!
You will have to enlarge this picture of the White House to see, but the Obama family (including the dog) is standing on the front porch. Mary Grace LOUDLY exclaimed "well, they're going to have to change that soon." A man standing close by chucked and asked her who she thought was going to be the next family standing on the front steps. Without missing a beat (and as I was having a small heart attack wondering what she would say!) she said "I'm not supposed to talk about it."
It was REALLY funny and certainly something I will remember!
Miller's "best day ever" part of the park-
This was my favorite ride- a jeep safari
I have no idea how it worked out so perfectly, but my kids were at the exact right heights to be able to ride together. After realizing this I told them that I would let them go on the roller coaster together and I would not go so that I could take pictures of them on it. This seemed to make them both happy.
As we got up to the front of the line the guy was trying to place us all in the correct holding areas to get on the ride. The guy asked if I was riding, and again- without missing a beat- Mary Grace goes "oh, no, she's just our photographer." Haha! She was certainly on a roll that day!
I could not believe Miller enjoyed this ride! He wanted to do everything Mary Grace was doing! The ended up going on this one a bunch.
Our day at LEGOLAND was so much fun! (Of course, it would have been better if Brent had been with us!)

No comments:
Post a Comment