Saturday, May 26, 2012

D1- Ready, Set, GO!

Day 1: Sunday, May 13th

Preparing for 14 days of vacation with a 4 year old and a 4 month old was nearly impossible.
It took WEEKS of planning!


 But finally, the big day arrived and we were off!
We got dropped off at the airport with 2 kids, 2 car seats, 1 stroller, 4 carry-on's, and 3 suitcases (and we ended up buying a 4th suitcase in Hawaii!)

 Miller's First Flight
LEX to DFW
 Check out Miller's Plane Pants
 On the way to the airport Mary Grace said 'ugg, it is taking so long to get to Hawaii!' Haha, we weren't even on the plane yet!
 We had a short lay-over in the Dallas airport. Long enough to have a nice Mother's Day Brunch at Chile's and ride the trans-terminal train (Mary Grace exclaimed 'Dallas is awesome' after the train ride!) And then we were off to Denver.
Miller was so excited to meet his Denver cousins, Aunts and Uncle!
Aunt Kelly and Miller
 Emory and Mary Grace
 Mary Grace, Emory and Hadley
 When it was time for bed, Hadley got sad that no one was spending the night in her room (since Mary Grace got to sleep in Emory's room)- so we pretended Miller was having a sleep over.
Hadley and Miller
 The 'Big Girls' got so silly at bedtime. They 'slept' in the bed, then moved to sleeping bags on the floor. I fell asleep, but Ashley said they talked for quite a while that night.
Emory and Mary Grace

I'm not a huge fan of breaking trips down by day, but honestly I can't think of an easier way to do it. There are just SO many pictures! I'm going to get these posted as fast as I can so we aren't half way through summer before I finish this trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment