...of That's What She Said!
"I love the pool because it's like taking a bath with a bunch of people you don't know"
_________________________
"Hey Mom, don't worry about the fact that I don't love you as much as Daddy"
_________________________
"Back in the olden days, ya know, when I was 2"
_________________________
MG: "Daddy, I love your new chair"
Brent: "Uh, that chair isn't new"
MG: (in her biggest shocked, airhead voice) "What? When did we get it"
Sarah: "well, before we got you"
_________________________
"Look Daddy, I can make Miller blink"
(as she pokes him in the eye)
_________________________
"I am abso-yout-yee NOT okay"
_________________________
"Miller shouldn't chew on books. Especially not his Bible. Cause you know mom, you're only allowed to eat Jesus in church"
_________________________
Brent: "How did this pink marker get on the train table?"
*Without missing a beat*
MG: "Miller did it"
_________________________
We were visiting Mimzie and Pops' house. MG had a cut on her foot and needed a band-aid. I brought it upstairs and as I started to put it on her foot this conversation took place:
MG: "What's that?"
Sarah: "A band-aid"
MG: "What's on it?"
Sarah: "umm, nothing"
MG: "what color is it?"
Sarah: "brown"
*cue the horrified look on MG's face*
I launch into my typical story when MG is ungrateful for things-
Sarah: "MG, there are some kids in the world who don't even have any band-aids..."
MG: "Well, then send these brown ones to them. My booboos only heal with picture ones"
(yes, she's spoiled!!!)
_________________________
To preface this story: we have talked to Mary Grace very lightly and age appropriately about heaven and hell. As everyone knows, she's got a fascination with bad guys so the topic is never too far from her mind. In general, she relates to heaven being up in the clouds and hell being down. Hell, or 'Hail' as MG says in her cute southern accent comes up at least once a week or so. I could tell something was bother her one day because she was being very thoughtful and quiet- she finally spit it out:
"Hey mom, on Curious George they just call hell the subway"
It took me a second, but I died laughing.
_________________________
HOLY COW, your next job is going to be a writer - you could seriously make millions on these!!! I'm in LOVE!!!!
ReplyDelete