The start of every summer is exciting. It's full of possibility and fun.
But, if I'm being completely honest, it's also a little bit daunting.
No school means no guaranteed break from my crazy, high strung precious 4-year old.
And longer days translate into...LONG DAYS!
All that being said, our weeks have been flying by. Between trips to the pool, finishing our summer reading, nightly tractor/bike rides, Nature Camp, play dates with friends, and Vacation Bible School, I've lost track of the summer.
I can not believe we are over half way through July!
Mary Grace thinks she is amazing on skates. Like, in her mind she's heading to the Olympics any day now. But in reality, she's HORRIBLE. She doesn't fall (which is why I think she's gotten the inflated ego), but she just clomps along. There is NO gliding movement whatsoever.
She flags down every car and neighbor that go past our sidewalk to make them watch her. It's embarrassing.
Her
All hot and sweaty from 'skating'
We finally got about 5 seconds of rain the other day. Miller was genuinely confused. I realized he hadn't seen rain in almost half his life! Mary Grace wanted to play in the rain. Unfortunately in the time it took her to put on boots, the rain stopped.
We had a little dinner party a few weekends ago. All of the kids played so well and stayed super busy. But sweet little Bryce kept coming over to check on Miller. He's obsessed and it is SO sweet!
No dinner party is complete without 2 Rapunzel's, A Sleeping Beauty Butterfly...and before the night was over, Spiderman made an appearance!
Orange Leaf (Frozen Yogurt) Dinner
And yes, Mary Grace is in public dressed in the little mermaid costume. Brent argued with her. I have learned to pick my battles. Look how happy she is-
Nature Camp-
the proclaimed 'best part' of Mary Grace's summer
Miller cracks me up lately when he sleeps. This was the second to last time he used the sleep positioner. When I put him down for nap he was turned with his head the other way and laying on his back. I have NO idea how he flipped so perfectly and got himself wedged back in the positioner!
Clearly, he struggled to do that again and got into a big fight with the sleep positioner.
(If you aren't sure what you're looking at- the sleep positioner is actually torn into 2 parts and thrown towards the end of his crib!)
So now Miller just goes into the crib with nothing- no blanket, no lovie and no sleep positioner.
This is how I find him most naps and nights-
Feet up and hands over his face!
Not sure how it's comfortable, but I LOVE it!
This picture was not staged.
We went to get her hair trimmed this morning. I was texting with a friend and when I looked up this is what I saw:
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer too!

you crack me up! you're kiddos are so stinking cute
ReplyDelete