Oh my wild, crazy girl.
I could probably do an edition of 'Thats What She Said' at least once a week.
Mary Grace told me she was thinking about doing something she knew would get her into trouble (at least she's honest!) I told her if she did it then I'd have to discipline her. Here was the conversation that followed-
Mary Grace: "Why do you want to get me into trouble?"
Sarah: "I don't, but God tells me I have to discipline you."
Mary Grace: "Can you tell Him to talk louder cause I didn't hear Him say that"
_____________
Sarah: "Mary Grace, you may not crawl through the store"
Mary Grace: "But moooommmm!!! (hysterical) If I don't walk like a cat then everyone is just going to think I'm a little girl dressed up like a cat and that would just be silly"
_____________
If you aren't a parent of young kids this whole conversation will not make sense or be funny. Martha Speaks is a cartoon on PBS. Not only are the characters very cartoon looking, but the dog talks. Let me say that again- THE DOG TALKS. Conversations like this remind me that Mary Grace is very blond!
Mary Grace: "Hey mom, you know Martha?"
Sarah: "who?"
Mary Grace: "ya know, speaks"
Sarah: "oh, yeah"
Mary Grace: "Do you think she's real?"
Sarah: (total blank stare of disbelief)
Mary Grace: "cause I'm thinking probably not. Real dogs aren't that shade of yellow"
_____________
And then a reminder of how smart she can be!
At the reception for Dance Camp I told Mary Grace that she could have just 1 cookie. She came back with a plate full of Oreos and 1 chocolate chip cookie.
Mary Grace: "I'm not sure if you've seen these yet- black crackers. They must be new"
*For the record, Brent's daughter DEFINITELY knows what an Oreo is. Smarty Pants!*
_____________
Mary Grace: "Can I be the guest of honor at dinner tonight?"
Sarah: "Sure. What does that mean exactly?"
Mary Grace: "You're the very specialist and get to do whatever you want to do. Doesn't that sound like a perfect job for me?"
_____________
Sarah: "Did you just drop that toy on Miller?"
Mary Grace: "Yes. But my head told my hand not to. My hand didn't listen very well."
Sarah: "You need to go sit in time out"
Mary Grace: "I just won't use my hand for a few minutes. Since it was the hand's fault"
_____________
Brent and I decided when Mary Grace turned 5 that she needed to start addressing adults by their last name. In a totally serious, sweet voice she asked-
"Mommy, is it still okay if I call you mommy?"
_____________
This isn't a quote, but Mary Grace calls snot/boogers "blow nose." I guess I never really taught her any word for it and now that is what we all call it. It makes me laugh every time she says it!
_____________
Mary Grace's teacher has a positive reward system at school that involves stickers. Every day when I pick Mary Grace up we talk about stickers. She tells me if she gets one (which she always usually gets at least 1) and how she got the stickers. She is also usually pretty quick to tell me who lost stickers that day. One day I picked her up and this is what she said:
"So I think I've decided we should not talk about stickers anymore. It just wastes too much of my voice."
Humm...I'm guessing she either lost a sticker that day or didn't get one!
too funny. I love hearing what kiddos say.
ReplyDelete