Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 13th

Mary Grace's 6th Birthday
August 13th, 2013
 Cupcakes for breakfast...sure!
 Miller was very excited to celebrate too!

 After our breakfast party (she specifically requested apples and oatmeal- couldn't figure out a way to glam that up so it was a fairly normal breakfast!) we headed to Danville, KY to the Dollhouse Museum.

 Mary Grace LOVED the museum. I've never seen her have such a great attention span. She didn't want to miss anything!
 The museum is really amazing!
 Great Uncle Jim called and told her to pick out a item for her own dollhouse as her birthday present from him. Of all the incredible choices, she choose a cat. This is actually something she'd been wanting for a long time so she was REALLY excited!

After the museum we headed to The Hub for lunch.
 And then Burke's Bakery for treats.
 Mary Grace requested tacos for her birthday dinner.
She also requested a candle to blow out and for us to sing again (she is getting a TAD spoiled by all these celebrations.)
 Funny story to end with- something I will never forget- 

I bought this huge My Little Pony balloon several weeks ago. I went to Kroger late the night before her birthday and found out they don't blow up balloons that aren't purchased there. At that point Party City was closed and I wasn't sure where else I could get it blown up. Not knowing what else to do (I was desperate) I asked to speak with the manager, shamelessly begged, and he finally agreed very reluctantly.

About 5 minutes later the balloon came off the string and floated to the top of the VERY high ceiling. Several of the guys in the produce section tried to get it, but eventually gave up. At that point I told them I wasn't willing to leave the store without it and they needed to come up with something else. I suggested all the cranes and ladders being used on the store construction. They told me they weren't authorized to use the equipment, but they would call the manager. Ha- same guy. After about 30 minutes and 2 different ladders, he finally got it down. It attracted quite a crowed. Who know so many people went grocery shopping so late at night!

Yep. It's amazing what you're willing to do to see your kids smile!  I kept telling myself- "we're moving. I never have to shop here again. I'll never see these people again."

Can't believe Mary Grace is 6! Where did the time go?
I had to reminisce a little:

August 13th, 2007
 1st Birthday
 2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
 4th Birthday
 5th Birthday

1 comment:

  1. So precious!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics. I cannot wait to see new ones from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete