Today you officially forfeited the right to make fun of me this winter.
Your response to today's weather crisis- AKA typical summer weather- was nothing short of embarrassing. It was on par with Atlanta's response to "a light dusting."
Let's review so that we're both clear come snowy season:
1. Woke up to a weather report advising that "all persons stay indoors today"
2. Got in my car and heard a siren go off. Not a tornado siren as I originally suspected, but a siren notifying me of the heat advisory in my area.
3. Had music on the radio station interrupted every 10 minutes for panicky reports on the heat, including a list of SCHOOL CLOSINGS.
4. Was advised by- not one, not two, but 6!!! good samaritans, that I better keep my children indoors because with their blonde hair "they'll burn in a second in this heat."
It's AUGUST. It's SUMMER. It was only 91 degrees!
So Chicago, don't even think about rolling your eyes when I gasp in horror at school not being cancelled after a major blizzard. Refrain from laughing at me when I wear a heavy winter coat in balmy 30 degree weather. And please don't tell me "it's not that bad" when I complain over and over again. Because I will have one phrase for you...August 27th.
Sincerely,
Sarah
PS. Don't feel too badly- the same reaction was given to Florida when they broke out coats and Uggs on a "chilly" 70 degree day.
My southern kids and I took advantage of everyone else's misery and went to the, nearly empty, splash pad. I can only assume everyone else heeded the warning and stayed inside. Well, you missed out on a beautiful SUMMER day!
Almost all of my pictures of Mary Grace are this awesome quality. She was just having too much fun to slow down!
Cautious at first, but Miller ended up having a blast!
2 Happy Kids! Hoping these smiles last through the winter!







That is hilarious. PS: Mary Grace looks super tall!
ReplyDelete